We (Rails Bookmakers Association) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Plain English Overview
The Full Policy
This policy sets out the basis on which any data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.rba-bookmakers.co.uk (“our site”) and by providing data to us, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) the Data Controller is Simon Walmsley – Rails Bookmakers Association Ltd, P.O. Box 42, Tadworth, Surrey. KT20 5YT
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
Transmission of information
Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet can never be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Please note that this website does not collect any data that can be attributed to you personally but you have the right to ask us not to process your data for marketing purposes. We will always inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking the necessary boxes to give such consent on the forms we may use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting The Data Protection Controller at the address stated at the beginning of this policy.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If, at any time, you want to verify, update or amend your data or preferences please write to The Data Protection Controller at the address stated at the beginning of this policy. Verification, updating or amendment of personal data will take place within 28 days of your request. Please note though that this website does not gather any data that can be attributed to a particular individual.
Access to information
The General Data Protection Regulations gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Regulations. Please note that this website does not gather any data that can be attributed to a particular individual.